Saturday, May 14, 2011

It's Saturday?

Being a stay at home mom has really messed with my schedule. Seeing as how I rarely have anything planned, I find it so hard to keep up with what day of the week it is. Perhaps this is the first sign of my going insane. My husband, Arnaud, arrived from work on Thursday. And even though I knew it was Thursday, it felt like Friday. Maybe because it felt like the long wait for my weekend (his arrival) was finally over. Whatever it was I kept having to tell myself it was not Friday, even though I knew it was Thursday. It was weird. Then when Friday came along, I nearly woke up in a panic thinking I was late for Morgane's t-ball game. Again, I knew it was Friday- but thought it was Saturday. Crazyness. My mind just plays tricks on itself. So today is finally Saturday- after two days of waiting, the weekend is here!

The thought of a weekend is so alluring. Something about Saturday and Sunday makes me feel anxious to get out and do something. Of course, there is nothing much to do here. So, I become irritable and fidgety because I want to do something different.

It's 5 o'clock, not too hot outside and I have already coached a t-ball game, took a nap, and set up the pool and let Morgane play for a few hours. There's not much left to do that doesn't require spending money... So, in an effort to "make an effort" (haha)of enjoying hobbies alongside Arnaud I have agreed to go fishing with him. How this will end, nobody knows. I am not much of an outdoorsy kind of person. Sure I enjoy an occasional (like once a year) outdoor adventure, but frankly, it's too tranquil! I know that should be the allure of the whole nature bit... But I just love chaos. And I can't promise that I will make excellent company when I am doing something that doesn't keep me entertained. Hopefully, all goes well and we all return in good terms and unharmed.

I will keep you in the know. :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you're making an effort to take an interest in his hobbies. Have fun fishin' Mater! (I watch too many cartoons)

    ReplyDelete

BIG or small, LONG or short - YOUR comments make my day a little brighter! THANKS for taking the time!