Thursday, September 8, 2011

Busy Girl and Danishes

Last time I was here I posted about the boring emptiness that is was my house. Since then I have decided to really step up to the plate and start fixing up the place. I have a huge list of things to do, but I've been taking it one day at a time and so far I haven't been burned out. One piece of bad news is that I badly hurt my back yesterday. I can't recall lifting anything really heavy or when it might have happened, but it did. Now, I am in so much pain. Today, I had planned out to prime my dining room chairs and a small coffee table that I am going to use as shelves(possibly a bench). I really don't see how I can get anything done today.. I just want to lay down all day with a nice cup of tea. Musn't give up. I don't want to fall behind because I really won't have anytime for the next two weeks! I am catering a party on Saturday, so I gotta start cooking on Friday. THEN, next week I have a huge dessert table and that is gonna be all week prep thing. To top it all off my mother in law gets here next Thursday.

With all this going on I still haven't forgotten about the puff pastry. Today, I am going to share with you a super simple recipe for danishes. It is a cheater's recipe, sort of like the crostatas, and that is exactly what I love about it. So go on over to Pink Stitches and check out the method I taught my sister.



Here are just a few of the projects I am working on at home...



I made these shelves out of pallets like 3 months back and NEVER finished painting them. Now, I don't like the yellow- they need to be repainted.



My unfinished dining room set. I just sealed the table yesterday and was hoping to finally prime the chairs today..



My enemy- these chairs were so annoying to strip of the varnish. I literally just did the last chair yesterday, 2 or 3 months after the others because I was in no mood for it. I am re-upholstering the seats because well.. look at them! The fabric I ordered should be arriving today or tomorrow.



This project was originally my husbands, but of course he didn't get around to finishing it, so I just gotta throw some texture on it and paint it.



My love-Morgane.. she has been the best little trooper this week. She has helped me out and kept busy playing in her kitchen when I was really occuppied.

2 comments:

  1. Call me crazy, but I actually reall like how your dining room chairs look now. They may look different in person, but from what I see it has a real rustic, primitive look! I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw Morgane is washing her dirty dishes! lol I can't wait to see how your shelves turn out and everything else too! Thanks for showing me how to make my own danishes :-)

    ReplyDelete

BIG or small, LONG or short - YOUR comments make my day a little brighter! THANKS for taking the time!